The Patented [US Patent No. D652,887] Gear Sector™ Rail Mount QD Socket provides a forward mounting location for those who wish to utilize our two or three point sling with our QD push button adapter. It can also be used with a variety of other quick detach push button swivels commercially available. We designed the mount to fit perfectly flush with the Tango Down® rail panels to provide an uninterrupted rail space. The socket was designed and machined to prevent rotation which in turns prevents your sling from becoming twisted. It comes complete with all mounting hardware, screws, hex keys, and Vibra-Tite® to make installation fast and easy. Mod 3 components feature a 30% reduction in weight; an 1144 StressProof® heat treated full width steel index, as well as the ability to index your swivel in 8 different clock positions!
Materials & Construction
The Gear Sector™ Rail Mount QD Socket is constructed using multiple base materials and is precision CNC machined from billet stock. Material and finish processes are outlined below:
- Base Material: 6061-T6 Aluminum
- Base Finish: Military Specification ( MIL-A-8625F ) Type III, Class II Hard Coat
- Index Material: 1144 StressProof® heat treated steel
- Index Finish: Nitrocarburising by Nitrotec®
- Weight: 0.80 ozs.
- Compliance: 100% Berry Amendment Compliant
- Origin: Proudly Made in the USA
The Gear Sector™ Rail Mount QD Socket comes complete with the following components:
- 1ea. Gear Sector™ Rail Mount QD Socket
- 1ea. 9⁄64th hex key for securing mount to rail system
- 1ea. Vibra-Tite® VC3™ thread locking compound.
* Please note, Foliage mount is original Mod 1, not Mod 3