Aimpoint Comp M4 Red Dot Sight M68 CCO
The CompM4 is now the latest version of the US Army’s M68 CCO (Close-Combat Optic), continuing a legacy that Aimpoint has maintained since 1997. The CompM4 is the finest sight that Aimpoint has ever produced. Improvements include improved energy efficiency that provides up to 8 years of continuous use from a single AA battery! The CompM4 incorporates an integral mount that eliminates the need for a separate ring, and can be customized with vertical and forward spacers to fit a variety of weapon systems. The CompM4 can also be used by hunters and sport shooters that need night vision compatibility.
The performance of the CompM4 is optimized for use with all generations of night vision devices (NVDs), but is especially suited for 3rd generation night vision technology. Aimpoint’s unique band-pass coating on the front lens reflects select frequencies of red light at near 100% efficiency in order to give the highest possible dot brightness with the smallest amount of energy while transmitting nearly 100% of light in the Infrared and near-infrared part of the spectrum to provide the clearest, brightest image possible when used with a 3rd generation NVD. With 7 NVD-compatible brightness settings and 9 Daylight settings including one extra-bright setting, the CompM4 is ready for use around the clock.
- Compatible with every generation of Night Vision Devices (NVD)
- Super ACET technology allows up to 80,000 hours (over 8 years) of daytime operation on one AA battery
- Internal voltage regulator allows the CompM4 to be used with any AA size battery.
- Seven night vision compatible settings and 9 daylight settingsr
- QRP2 mount has twice the clamping force of the original QRP, and the mounting knob is wider and shorter to improve operation, and lessen the chance of becoming snagged on other gear.
- Mount base is “keyed” into to the body of the sight to absorb recoil.
- Mount base screws directly into the sight – no separate sight ring is required.
- 500,000 hours of use on NVD setting
- 2 MOA dot for close combat and long distance engagement
- Matches perfectly with Aimpoint 3X Magnifier.
- Unequalled light transmission.
- Front lens opening is threaded for addition of killFlash® anti-reflective device.
- Submersible to 150 feet (45 meters)
- Vertical spacer included
- Standardized as the US Army’s new M68CCO
- Improved adjustment caps are easier to remove, and are protected against impact.
- Can be used with a carry handle adaptor for use on all M16 rifles.
|System||Passive Red Dot Collimator Reflex Sight|
|Reticle, size||2 MOA|
|Optical coating||Anti Reflex coating all surfaces. Multi-layer coating for reflection of red light. Band Pass coating for NVD compatibility|
|Battery Life, typical**||80 000 hours for good quality battery|
|Switch, dot brightness||16 positions, 7 NVD, 9 daylight, of which 1 Extra Bright|
|Material housing||Extruded high strength aluminium|
|Surface finish||Hard anodized, matte, Black|
|Material lens covers||rubber, black matte|
|Adjustment||1 click = 16 mm at 100 meters = ½" at 80 yds|
|Mounting||Keyed surfacePatent pending mount keyed to the sight body to absorb recoil|
|Length||120 mm (4.7")|
|Width/height||53x60 mm (2.1"x2.4") sight only - 72x72 mm (2.8"x2.8") including mount|
|Weight||265 g (9.3 oz) sight only - 335 g (11.8 oz) with integrated mount|
|Temperature Range||-45 oC to +71 oC (-50 oF to +160 oF)|
|Water resistance||45 m (150ft)|